Sears, Pawlak lead way at 2022 Nastia Liukin Cup
- Results: Senior | Junior
- Photo Galleries
- Video: All Routines | Video Board Feed
FRISCO, Texas, February 25, 2022 – Kamila Pawlak (Melissa, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics) topped the junior field at the 2022 Nastia Liukin Cup Friday at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas, while Jamison Sears (Yorktown, Va./World Class Gymnastics) took the senior title. Sears edged Nikki Smith (West Bloomfield, Mich./EuroStars) in a tie break to claim the top spot. Avery Neff (South Jordan, Utah/Olympus) rounded out the senior podium. In the junior division, Presley Duke (Yukon, Okla./Dynamo) and Jasmine Cawley (Clermont, Fla./Brandy Johnson’s Global Gymnastics) were second and third, respectively.
Sears’ 9.850 on floor topped Smith’s highest individual event score (9.800 on floor), giving her the slight edge after both competitors delivered all-around scores of 38.950. All three senior medalists were Nastia Liukin Cup veterans. Sears was fourth in the junior division in 2019, while Neff was the junior division runner up in 2021. A three-time senior division qualifier, Smith finished 10th in her first appearance in 2020 and was 5th last year. Pawlak was also a repeat competitor after making her Nastia Liukin Cup debut last season.
In the senior division, Sears posted the day’s high scores on beam (9.800) and floor. Neff was the top earner on vault with a 9.775, while Selena Harris (Henderson, Nev./Gymcats Gymnastics) led the way on uneven bars with a 9.825. On the juniors’ side, Pawlak’s 9.675 led all scorers on vault. Bailey Stroud (New Palestine, Ind./Jaycie Phelps Athletic Center) delivered the high score on uneven bars with a 9.800, and Jayla Hang (Bellevue, Wash./Ascend Gymnastics Center) took the top spot on balance beam with a 9.750. Cawley and CaMarah Williams (Gladstone, Mo./EDGE Gymnastics) set the pace on floor, each earning a 9.750.
The top three all-around scorers are listed below by division.
- Kamila Pawlak: all-around, 38.775; vault, 9.675; uneven bars, 9.675; balance beam, 9.725; floor exercise, 9.700
- Presley Duke: all-around, 38.600; vault, 9.625, uneven bars, 9.775; balance beam, 9.625; floor exercise, 9.575
- Jasmine Cawley: all-around, 38.250; vault, 9.600; uneven bars, 9.550; balance beam, 9.350; floor exercise, 9.750
- Jamison Sears: all-around, 38.950; vault, 9.700; uneven bars, 9.600; balance beam, 9.800; floor exercise, 9.850
- Nikki Smith: all-around, 38.950; vault, 9.700; uneven bars, 9.725; balance beam, 9.725; floor exercise, 9.800
- Avery Neff: all-around, 38.925; vault, 9.775; uneven bars, 9.750; balance beam, 9.550; floor exercise, 9.850