1. Name, Age, Hometown
Macy Toronjo, 17, Huntsville, Texas
2. Do you have a nickname?
3. When and why did you first become interested in gymnastics?
When I was 5, my mom put me in a recreational program with some friends for fun.
4. When did you decide you wanted to compete? And, when did you want to compete on the elite level? What about competition appeals to you?
I love the rush that competing gives me. I also love to preform.
5. What is your training regimen? Was that a big change when you made the switch to competitive gymnastics?
I train 7 a.m.-12 p.m. every day, except Wednesday, which is 7-11:15 a.m. I like having a daily routine, and a structured schedule.
6. What is your favorite event?
My favorite event to train is beam… but, my favorite event to compete is floor.
7. What is your favorite skill?
My favorite skill is a full-in and double layout
8. What music do you use for your floor routine?
My music is from Legends of the Fall.
9. Who is your favorite gymnast or who is your “idol”?
10. How have you grown as a gymnast during your career, both skill wise and mentally?
As I have gotten older, I have become wiser about how this sport operates.
11. How has gymnastics helped you as a person?
Gymnastics has helped me become a hard worker and to have perseverance.
12. If you had to select one life-lesson that gymnastics has taught you, what would it be?
Never give up!
13. What are your biggest accomplishments or best memories in your career?
When I qualified to the P&G Championships, along with being invited to the World Selection Camp.
14. What grade are you in school, and where do you go to school?
I am a senior at Coppell High School.
15. Do you want to compete in collegiate gymnastics?
Yes, I am going to UCLA.
16. What are your favorite subjects, etc.?
My favorite subject is science. (Anatomy & Physiology)
17. If you plan to go to college, do you know what you want to study there?
I would love to be a vet.
18. What are your goals for the future, both as an athlete and after you are finished competing?
For the future, I plan to just have the most amazing time in college, and I would love to be a vet and own my own vet clinic.
19. When you’re not in the gym, how do you enjoy spending your time? Do you have any hobbies or favorite activities? Charities?
In my free time, I like to spend time with my family. I like to draw, and during my junior year of high school, I sent money to the Make a Wish Foundation.
20. What is your favorite food?
21. What is your favorite movie?
The Harry Potter series
22. What is your favorite book?
To Kill a Mockingbird
23. What is your favorite music group?
24. Are any of your family members current or former athletes? Which sports?
Not really, my sister did cheer and tumbling when she was in high school.
25. Do you have any competition rituals? Lucky charms?
When feeling nervous, I like to write inspirational words on my hand to help me stay calm.
26. What’s on your IPod right now? What type of music do enjoy listening to? How about before a meet when you’re trying to get focused and pumped up?
Beyonce, Elton John, Eminem, James Taylor
27. If you had to pick 3 words to describe yourself as a gymnast, what are they?
Determined, hard worker, bubbly
28. What 3 words describe you as a person, not the gymnast?
Kind, sweet, loving